We will begin accepting applications for Fall 2020 on Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Visit our application requirements page for more information
CSin3 is a unique program offered in partnership between Hartnell College and California State University Monterey Bay (CSUMB), which provides a pathway and support structure for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in compute science in three years. Half of the coursework is completed at Hartnell and the other half at CSUMB and students have access to resources at both institutions all three years. This rigorous program requires students to commit to year-round participation. CSin3 graduates are not only strong academically, but are well-rounded individuals prepared to take on a career or graduate school. Students are provided with an abundance of resources including tutoring, cohort enrichment workshops, professional development workshops, priority registration, scholarship support, and much more!
Benefits of CSin3
- Graduate one year earlier than with a traditional bachelor’s degree program
- Have a meaningful career in one of the fastest-growing, highest -paying fields in the country
- Spend less than half of the average tuition for a four-year public university by taking courses at both Hartnell and CSUMB
- Have access to priority registration to ensure degree completion in 3 years as well as guaranteed transfer to CSUMB upon good academic standing
- Receive support and guidance throughout internship search, job search, and/or graduate school application process
- Graduation rate: 72% of students who begin the program graduate in 3 years, 75% of students graduate in 3-4 years (the national average ranges between 19-36%)
- Total Program Cost: under $16,000
- Students are:
- 35% Female
- 93% Underrepresented Minority
- 76% First Generation College
- During the summer between year 2 and year 3, approximately 78% of CSin3 students completed internships. Companies students completed internships at include Adobe, Allstate, Amazon, Apple, Atlassian, Bank of America, Blackrock, Cisco, Delos, Driscoll, Dolby, eBay, Facebook, Firetide, Google, HeavyConnect, Intel, Intuit, Language Line, Liberty Mutual, NASA Ames, NBC Universal, Nationwide, Naval Postgraduate School, New Relic, Pandora, Procore, Salesforce, SSCS, twitch, Uber, Verizon Wireless, Visa, Workday, vmware, Zendesk and Zynga.