Application period for Fall 2021 is closed
Application Period for Fall 2022
We will begin accepting applications for the Fall 2022 term on a rolling basis starting September 7, 2021 through Spring 2022 or until the program reaches capacity, whichever comes first.
Applicants must be current Monterey County high school seniors or college students with less than 30 college units earned who are or will be eligible to enroll in MAT 3A Analytic Geometry & Calculus I and ENG 1A College Composition & Reading their first semester in the program.
Please review the eligibility requirements below. If you have questions about eligibility please contact Mindy Sanchez-Ryan email@example.com.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in high school
- Students with less than a 3.0 will be considered if they submit a one-page written explanation for the lower GPA and their plan for maintaining a higher GPA if admitted.
- Be eligible to take MAT 3A and ENG 1A the first semester in the program
- All of our students are required to participate in and successfully complete our Math Intensive program the spring before the program begins.
- Students must have an overall high school GPA of 2.6 or better to place into ENG 1A
- Students can place into MAT 3A one of two ways
- Have an overall high school GPA of 2.6 or better and earn a ‘C’ or better in one of the following high school math courses: Math Analysis, Pre-Calculus, Calculus or earned a ‘C’
- Earn a ‘C’ or better in MAT 24 and MAT 25 or MAT 27 at Hartnell
Students can determine their placement through Hartnell College’s Math & English Placement Web Tool.
Strong preference will be given to graduating seniors from Monterey County high schools and Hartnell College or Monterey Peninsula College students with less than 30 completed units completed.
Applicants who already have a bachelor’s degree or more than 30 college general education credits completed will not be considered.